Thursday, November 24, 2016

My Grandmother Legett's Wedding Gown

 Ever since I was a small girl, people have occasionally spoken about this
particular dress at family reunions. It has been remarkably preserved and shows
little to no wear. My Aunt Carol tried it on in her youth and many lovely
pictures of her were taken while she modeled it.

My parents visited with Aunt Carol in 2006 and asked to take pictures of the gown.
It was, as you can see, a combination of gold and brown satin. I have often
wished that my Grandmother Nina's wedding dress had been preserved
as well. It was a grey and rose flapper dress that she had sewn by hand.
She told me that it was lost in a fire along with her wedding gifts. This gown
belonging to Grandmother Mary Elizabeth is a real family treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment